We are given matrix A, how can we find its transpose. To find transpose of matrix, it is necessary to understand definition of transpose of matrix.
If then its transpose which is written as
1. When we find transpose of any matrix then order of matrix gets reversed. For example, if we are given a 2 x 3 matrix, then transpose of this matrix would be a 3 x 2 matrix.
2. Element present at position in a given matrix A goes to position in transpose of matrix A.
Lets take an example, we want to find transpose of matrix
(1) Note that element present at position in matrix A is at position in . For example -2 is present in first row and second column of matrix A which is position in matrix. Same element is present in first column and second row in which is position.
(2) Also, note that order of matrix got reversed. Order of matrix A is 2 x 3 whereas order of becomes 3 x 2.
(3) First Row (1, -2, 5) present in matrix A becomes first column in . Second row (6, 1, 4) in matrix A becomes second column in . Similarly all the columns of matrix A become corresponding rows in .